Sunday 14 July 2013

College Fashion Show!


Topshop Inspired Dress








V&A Embellishment Inspiration

Space Age Accessory









A few weeks ago it was the end of term fashion show at my college. It was such great fun as I got to experience how hectic it really is when working behind the scenes of a show. I got to showcase 2 outfits form my projects and I have to say a thank you to my model for doing such a great job.
My first brief was Topshop inspired dress that included a embellishment, my theme was 'Champagne Fireworks'. I created a embellishment inspired from my visit to the V&A, which was the metal frame work. The swirls reminded me of fireworks and the colours were inspired by my theme.  
The next project was about creating a space age accessory that would be seen down the catwalk. This was a changeling for me as a designer as I had never designed anything like this before. I focused on the outfit of a space man and combined it with my client which was Mary Katrantzou who uses a lot of nature and colour in her work.

Harleen xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment